Puppy Contract and Warranty
Thank you for your part in preserving this historic adventure in this new breed of dog,
the American Alsatian.
CONTRACT AND BILL OF SALE
Kennel name: Vallecito Alsatians
Seller: Jennifer Stoeckl
The seller agrees to deliver to the buyer the American Alsatian puppy as described below:
Sex: Male or Female
The puppy was whelped on (DATE).
Litter registration number:
Puppy registration number:
CH. HERE COMES THE JUDGE "Canyon"
NAAR Registration #: BA202-1
CHIP #: n/a
DEAR PRUDENCE "Prudence"
NAAR Registration #: KJ00301-8
CHIP #: n/a
Deposit: $ 300.00
Remainder: $1200.00 (estimate)
Spay/Neuter Contract: $ 300.00
Total purchase Price: $1800.00
SELLER WARRANTS AND AGREES:
1. Seller, Jennifer Stoeckl, is the lawful owner of the dam, and has full legal right to sell its offspring.
2. The puppy is in sound body and good health at the time of the sale. The puppy has had its first inoculation for parvovirus, hepatitis, distemper, adenovirus, and Para influenza. For maximum protection we recommend that this puppy receive another inoculation at 9 weeks and 12 weeks. Buyer is instructed to consult with their veterinarian for advice regarding inoculation and available options such as corona virus inoculations, and additional worming (fecal tests). Seller advises against inoculation for rabies until after the age of 8 months, due to the side effects that sometimes occur in puppies younger than 8 months. Seller refers all questions regarding inoculations and worming to qualified veterinarians; our recommendations are merely suggestions, which should be discussed with your veterinarian.
3. Seller extends a health warranty until the close of 7 days from the time the pup is in the buyer's care. Buyer is to arrange a checkup of the puppy by a qualified veterinarian within 7 days of sale. Seller shall be notified immediately in the event that the dog has a defect. If the puppy is ill (not poisoned) or defective (not neglected, harmed or mutilated), the buyer is entitled to a replacement pup of equal value of the customer's choice, at once or when available, provided a letter from the examining veterinarian is offered as evidence of the puppy's illness. You then agree to sign back registration and return the dog sold to us at buyer's own expense, if we so desire. Seller’s warranty is limited to a replacement puppy upon immediate return of the defective puppy, and only under the circumstances described above. Seller does not reimburse for veterinarian expenses.
4. Vallecito Alsatian’s dogs (herein-after “dog” refers to dogs and bitches) are warranted to be OFA certifiable at TWO YEARS of age. The dog must be x-rayed by thirty (30) months of age, and the x-ray submitted to the OFA for examination and certification. If the OFA finds the dog to have hip dysplasia, the following requirements must be fulfilled in order to obtain a replacement puppy. It is understood that money is NOT refunded and that this warranty is for a replacement puppy only.
a. OFA shall be the sole judge regarding hip dysplasia.
b. Vallecito Alsatians is to receive a copy of the OFA report.
c. If the dog has hip dysplasia, the dog will be replaced upon return of the dog’s registration paper, which is to be signed over to Vallecito Alsatians. Buyer may keep the dog if he/she wishes or give it to someone else, but it must be neutered or spayed and Vallecito Alsatians must have written proof of this from the veterinarian who performs the surgery.
d. All freight charges for the replacement dog are to be paid by the owner of the dog.
e. Replacement pups may be chosen from any breeding that Vallecito Alsatians has available that is similar in price to what buyer paid for the dog. If buyer should want a puppy from a more expensive litter, buyer must pay the difference.
f. This warranty applies to the original owner of the dog, and no dog will be warranted and replaced unless our kennel name is used in front (prefix) of the registered name of the dog.
5. Vallecito Alsatian’s dogs are warranted to be CERF certifiable. The dog must be examined by a DACVO certified veterinarian by thirty (30) months of age. A certified veterinarian’s written report of any heritable eye disease must be submitted to the seller with written proof from the veterinarian that performs the surgery that the dog has been neutered or spayed, and the dog’s NAAC registration papers must be signed over to the seller in order to receive a replacement puppy. All warranties are exactly under the same terms as the warranty for hip dysplasia. Eye warranty does not cover injuries to the eye. Buyer’s remedies are for hip dysplasia and heritable eye disease only. No other diseases or injuries or illnesses.
Vallecito Alsatians also extends a health warranty to the buyer for the life of the dog or 12 years whichever comes first. If a licensed veterinarian finds a dog from us to have a serious illness (see above) due to genetic reasons anytime between the time you buy the puppy and its 9th birthday, it will be replaced with another dog from our kennels of equal value of your choice, when available, provided a certified veterinarian’s written report of any heritable disease is submitted to the seller with written proof from the veterinarian that performs the surgery that the dog has been neutered or spayed. The dog’s NAAC registration papers must be signed over to the seller in order to receive a replacement puppy. Vallecito Alsatians reserves the right to personally exam the dog before awarding this warranty. The dog will then not need to be returned to us as we understand that a pet is a family member and that the buyer is attached and bonded.
If the dog from Vallecito Alsatians is found by a licensed veterinarian to have a serious genetic illness that is detrimental to its health (see above) after its 9th birthday (the life expectancy of many other large dogs) but not exceeding 12 years, Vallecito Alsatians extends to the buyer a credit for half the price of the original dog to go toward another Alsatian of the buyer's choice. Again, Vallecito Alsatians reserves the right to personally exam the dog before awarding this warranty. The dog will not need to be returned to us.
The seller assumes no responsibility for the dog beyond this contract after leaving the premises of Vallecito Alsatians.
BUYER: _______________________________________________ Date: ___________________
SELLER: _______________________________________________ Date: ___________________
BUYER WARRANTS AND AGREES:
1. This dog shall be maintained and kept under the personal control of the buyer, and this dog shall be given adequate housing, food, veterinary care, basic obedience training, and shall in no manner be mistreated or neglected.
2. This puppy is sold as pet quality (not show or breeding quality). This dog shall not be used for breeding unless the buyer and the seller agree, in writing, to that, in a separate breeding rights agreement. This dog must be spayed or neutered at no older than 9 months of age.
3. The buyer shall notify the seller if the dog earns any title or certification.
4. If circumstances arise that would prevent the buyer from keeping this dog, the buyer promises not to discard this dog and to make every effort to place the dog in another suitable home. This dog shall not be turned over to any animal shelter or rescue organization. If the buyer is unable to locate a suitable home for the dog, the dog shall be returned to the seller together with its signed-off registration papers---free of charge. All freight charges are to be paid by the owner of the dog.
This contract is valid from the date of delivery of the puppy and throughout the lifetime of the dog, or until the buyer transfers ownership of the dog to a third party.
BUYER: ______________________________________________ Date: ____________________
SELLER: ______________________________________________ Date: ____________________